Special 6 week storytelling & game design workshop is coming to Doylestown. A limited number of students will have the unique opportunity to learn from industry experts as they step into a project based learning experience. Over the course of 6 weeks students grades 9th through 12th will learn how to design, build and run an escape the room game. Escape the Room games have taken NYC and LA by storm. To read more about Escape the Rooms click here.
Students will learn
– the basics of game design
– how to design and build interactive systems
– immersive storytelling and role playing
– how to produce a live event
– an introduction to physical computing (Internet of Things), AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality) and AI (artificial intelligence)
– adaptive leadership & 21st Century Skills (critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication)
Lance Weiler award winning experience designer, Sundance Screenwriting Alum and founding member and director of the Columbia University School of the Arts’ Digital Storytelling Lab.
Nick Fortugno world renowned game designer and founder of Playmatics (Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead) who’s games have been downloaded over a billion times,
Elan Lee award winning game designer and creator of Exploding Kittens
Christy Dena critically acclaimed and award winning game designer and educator
More to be announced soon…
LEARN DO SHARE, Brick Simple, the Columbia University School of the Arts’ Digital Storytelling Lab & Connected Sparks